Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crépes with fresh Strawberries!


I have been seeing everyone eating all kinds of delicious deserts on TV lately, namely on The Sopranos, and I have been craving some home made sweetness for quite a while. I decided that it would be a good time to try my hand at making some crépes. I got a crépe recipe from allrecipes.com and changed it a little bit, so I have decided to share it.


Crépe recipe-
  • 1c all purpose flour
  • 3/4c confectioner's sugar
  • 1/2c water
  • 1/2c milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4t salt
  • 2T melted butter
Whisk flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. A good, sturdy whisk worked really well for this recipe. Add sugar, then gradually add the milk and water. I just measured them together in a glass measuring cup, pouring from one container is much easier, and you don't have to stop in the middle. Once this is well blended, add the butter and salt. Put a small skillet on medium-high heat and let it heat up. I coated my skillet with butter to be sure the crépes wouldn't stick, and I had to add a little butter a few times in between. I used a 1/4c measuring cup to spoon out the batter, and I got 10 crepes from this recipe. Once your pour the batter in, let it cook for about a minute, until the crépe slides around in the pan. Flip it, and cook the other side.

I served my crépes with fresh strawberries in sugar and whipped cream. To make whipped cream, just get a container of heavy whipping cream, toss it in your mixer bowl, turn the mixer on high and let it do it's thing. Once it's good and stiff, I usually add some powdered sugar to taste, and let it chill in the fridge. For the strawberries, I just got a carton of strawberries, washed them, and cut them up. I added one cup of granulated sugar, and mashed it all up with my hands, then let themshill in the fridge for a while, too. Then, I stuffed the crépes with the whipped cream and strawberries, and put some on top for garnish. Vanilla ice cream goes great with this recipe!

No comments: